In accordance with the top world standards of dental medicine and depending on the type of procedure, we prepare each patient, especially for the surgical procedure. The surgery is usually done in the dentist’s office under local anesthesia.
A dental implant is a small titanium biocompatible screw which imitates the root of the tooth, and in a surgical way can be built in the bone of the jaw. The design of a dental implant is based on the design of a natural tooth which is commonly described as having two main parts:
- The crown that sits above the gums
- The root that sits securely below the gum
The implant replaces the function of a natural root and if looked after properly should last a lifetime. The implant crown is carefully crafted to look and feel like a healthy, natural tooth that feels like part of you.
Dental Implant Timeline
- Initial Consultation – During this appointment, they will do a comprehensive dental exam, take an X-ray of your mouth, and then take impressions of your teeth. After this, your dentist will talk to you about the recommended treatment plan.
- Bone Grafting And Teeth Removal
- Implant Placement – The surgeon begins by exposing the jawbone by making an incision in the gum where the dental implant will be placed.
- A small hole in the bone of the jaw will be prepared by the surgeon.
- The dental implant is then placed, making it similar to the level of the bone under the gums.
- Once your mouth is healed, you’ll be ready for the next stage. (Osseointegration – a period ranging is necessary for the jawbone to fuse with the implant.)
- Placing The Healing Collar And/Or Temporary Crown
- Placing The Abutment
- Placing The Permanent Crown
The installation of implants is recommended to people who are missing one or more natural teeth, as well as such to whom the natural possibility of chewing, esthetical look or speech has been damaged.
The implant success rate today is around 98%, which qualifies this type of intervention among the most successful in dentistry. The procedure of implant installation is made in the time interval of 15 minutes by the implant.
The sole surgical procedure lasts short, and most importantly, is completely painless for the patient.
We will be more than happy to call you back to answer all your questions!